My Blog List

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

JOURNAL ENTRY 6


THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION


Here is one of my favorite films: The Shawshank Redemption. To begin with, I want to talk about the film. Its story was written by Stephen King and it was directed by Frank Darabont. 

Andy Dufresne is a young and successful banker whose life changes drastically when he is convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of his wife and her lover inspite of his innocence. He is very isolated and lonely at first, but over the time, he retains hope and eventually gains the respect of his fellow inmates, especially longtime convict "Red", a black markeeter. In time, he becomes so influential within the prison that he makes some duties like fixing tha library or handling tax issues of the warders, even if the venal warden. However, Andy accepts keeping records of the warden's bribes because he has a plan to escape from the prison, to which he doesn't belong. After 20 years, he makes all of his preparations and manages to escape. He goes to the seaside town of his dreams and calls for his best friend, Red, when he is released. Finally, Red retrieves his freedom and finds Andy fulfilling his dreams. 




Here is the trailer of the film. I chose this video because it outlines the film not only clearly but also effectively. Let me talk about why I like this film and chose for my entry.
The Shawshank Redemption is without a doubt one of the most brilliant movies I have ever seen. The film perfectly depicts the combination of hope, redemption and friendship. It clearly shows that fear can hold you prisoner and hope can set you free. I love especially this message because it gives me hope, an important thing in life. There is also an eternal friendship between Andy and Red that I like most in the film. Each learns from the other and helps one another fulfill his dreams. As for the reason why I chose this film for my entry, I strongly recommend you to watch. Maybe most of you have already watched but the ones that haven't should watch it. I hope you'll enjoy the film as much as I do. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment