My Blog List

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

JOURNAL ENTRY 4


THE SLOGAN FOR METU



   I think the latest slogan of METU, "I brain ODTÜ", is not the best choice. I don't like it to some extent. Firstly, it is grammatically wrong. The word of "brain" is used as a verb in order to impress others but it is not appropriate for a university whose educational system is in English. Also, the Turkish use of ODTÜ is improper because METU is an international university; therefore, its slogan should attract not only Turkish students but foreigners also. Secondly, the meaning of the slogan can only be understood with its illustrative video. Although the slogan is grammatically wrong and not comprehensible, I must say that it is very effective. It seems that METU students like and adopt it because most of them have t-shirts or other objects of this slogan.
   I haven't thought of designing a slogan for METU  before. If I were to, I would choose "METU was designed for your future.". It is okay for me because it focuses on the future, which is the most important concept for a college student. It isn't the best choice for METU, either but it is at least better than "I brain ODTÜ", in my opininon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment