My Blog List

Friday, June 14, 2013

ARTICLE REFLECTION 4

I SURF, THEREFORE, I AM


     In this article, the writer discusses the usage of the Internet among young people, especially her students. She tells the situation with examples of her students. She says that today's young people use the Internet only for surfing. They spend a great deal of time on the Internet, just for surfing. They are, so to speak, in an ocean of infromation. They cannot distinguish true information and wrong information. That's why they are not safe while they are urfing on the Internet. I totally agree with the writer. We all spend time on the Internet. Some of us spend so much time that it may do harm for us. In fact, I use the Internet both for searching and surfing. I admit that sometimes, the time I spend on the Internet may be a lot. However, we should be conscious about the Internet issue. It is so beneficial for everyone. All people can use the Internet and learn so many things. Today, most people couldn't do without the Internet. Nonetheless, all people should be careful because the Internet may become an addiction for them. It is important to limit the time of the usage of the Internet. Especially parents should be conscious about this subject. The writer also points out this topic. To sum up, the writer states this fact explicitly in her article. She also supports her ideas with some examples of her students. I appreciate her writing style. 


No comments:

Post a Comment