My Blog List

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

JOURNAL SET 2


CINEMAGRAPH : MORNING



In this video, there is a collection of cinemagraphs taken to show a daily morning of a man. I chose this video because it clearly shows us the definite examples of cinemagraphs.

The video starts with the movements of the minute hand of the wall clock. Then the man tries to wake up and massages his eye. Then he makes a  preparation for a shower and controlls the heat of the water. Later he moves his eyes and blinks. He again makes a preparation to brush his teeth. Also he buttons up his shirt and wears his perfume. And then the coffee pours into the cup and eggs are fried. Finally a propeller fan is moving. These are just photographs but we can understand what is being done thanks to the invention of cinemagraph technology. 

These cinemagraphs clearly show that only one part of the cinemagraphs is moving. For example, while the man is checking the heat of the water for shower, only running water and fingers of the man are moving. Also when he sprays on perfume, we only see the perfume spray; the finger of the man is not moving.  

I think this technique is very interesting. I really enjoyed when I was writing it. I hope you will enjoy as much as I do. :)

1 comment:

  1. Then the man tries to wake up and massages his eye (missing preposition)
    Then he makes a preparation for a shower and controlls the heat of the water.(sentence structure-word choice-repeated word use)
    And then the coffee pours into the cup and eggs are fried.(repeated word use)
    Dear Gülçin,
    I enjoyed reading your journal. You’ve found a very exciting subject and explained it effectively. Yet, you have some mistakes that I’ve mentioned above. If you correct your mistakes,then you’ll have a better journal. Still, you have talked about the video very clearly. Also, your journal is able to have a good impact on the person reading it. I’m looking forward to reading your other journals.

    ReplyDelete